Whether you’re taking your first step onto the property ladder or looking for somewhere new to call home, we understand that buying a new house is one of the biggest decisions you will ever need to make.
But why should you buy new rather than a second-hand property? Here are five benefits of purchasing a new build:
- There will be no DIY projects for when you arrive! You will move into a property that no one else has lived in before, so there will be no need for extra renovation work. You can move in, sit back and start enjoying your new home from day one. But if you do fancy getting creative, our homes will be painted in neutral colours so that you can easily style and personalise your home to your taste.
- New homes are efficient. The standards of home building in the UK have never been higher. In every Cavanna home, we’ve installed wall and roof insulation, as well as kitted out each home with the latest heating systems and double-glazed windows. This improves energy efficiency and keeps running costs low.
- Choose your fixtures and fittings! Those finishing touches are important, so if you reserve early enough during the build process, you have the opportunity to stamp your own individuality and style into the design. The kitchen is usually the room most homeowners want to personalise, with options to choose the style and colour of the worktops, cupboards and tiles. You can also choose your flooring, electrical fittings, bathrooms, wardrobes and more. Find out more here.
- Aftercare and guarantee. All our homes come with a 10-year NHBC or LABC warranty. This is an insurance backed warranty that gives you peace of mind once you’ve moved into your new home. We also provide a further 2-year warranty after you move in. If you buy a second-hand property, you simply don’t have the luxury of this initial customer support. Find out more here.
- We’re a five-star homebuilder that you can trust. We have huge pride in the new family homes we build across the Westcountry, and have been for almost 100 years!
We’ve been awarded ‘Housebuilder of the Year’ in the national Housebuilder awards for two consecutive years, and following the 2021 Home Builder Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction survey, we were awarded the maximum five-star rating. Over 90% of our homeowners who completed the survey would recommend Cavanna Homes, as well as endorse the build quality and the standard of finish.
If you’d like to know more, take a look at our ‘Why buy new?’ film here, where our Director of Sales and Marketing, Paul Furner talks you through even more reasons to favour a new home over a second-hand one.